We’re so excited to be Jamming with you on the first ever Bali Service Jam!
This info jar is filled with some important info about the jam. Please take a look, and let us know if you have any question.
Objectives of Bali Service Jam
Based on a secret global theme (to be revealed Saturday morning), we’ll be working in teams to design innovative service concepts.
Teams share the prototype of their service with the world by uploading it to Planet Jam, and present their ideas at the end of the Jam.
We will learn the processes and methods of service design by getting our hands dirty, trying new things, and learning by doing.
Eventually, we shall leave with new friends, new connections, and renewed energy towards building beautiful services for better humanity.
Ingredients of the perfect jam
- Collaborate with new people - Be open to join different teams in the spirit of collaborating with new people!
- Be on time - Pretty please, with a cherry on top.
- Use your own tools - If you need certain tool/software, make sure you bring it to the jam. Contribute to the supply pool if you can!
- Sign up on Planet Jam - Sign up to the http://planet.globalservicejam.org/ and add your profile. Later on-site, we’ll help you add your team and project to the project database.
- Be part of the global conversation - Use #GSJam and #BaliJam in your tweets so the world can see them!
- DO NOT USE COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
Eight steps to enjoy the jam
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Be ready to try new things
- Have an open mind
- Start fresh; don’t come with an agenda or idea already thought out
- Stop talking, start doing
- Focus all about the prototype, not the presentation
- HAVE FUN!! Whenever you’re stuck, just pick the idea that seems the most fun and go with it!
In less than 48 hours, we will learn and use design thinking and human-centered design approach to develop and prototype completely new services inspired by a shared theme.
This event is open for anyone to join. We hope to see as many new and friendly faces as possible as it is a chance for you to get to know us and vice versa.